- Get to UBC from the airport
- Buses at UBC
- Plan your bus trip in Vancouver
- Plan your SkyTrain/Canada Line trip
- Taxi in Vancouver
Yellow CAB: (604) 681-1111; MacLures Cabs: (604) 831-1111
Black Top & Checker Cabs : (604) 731-1111
- September/October is the peak conference period in Vancouver.
- JSAC 2016 delegates are strongly advised to book their accommodation as soon as possible.
Call: (604) 822 1000 | Toll free: 1 (888) 822 1030 | Group sales: (604) 822 1060
211 Lower Mall, UBC, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z4 | Phone: (604) 822-8788
3. TRIUMF House at UBC
5835 Thunderbird Blvd., UBC, Vancouver, B.C. Canada V6T 2L6 | Phone: (604) 222-7633
4. Carey Centre, UBC Campus
5920 Iona Drive, UBC | Phone: (604)-224-4308 (Monday to Friday)
1. Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre Hotel, Downtown Vancouver
Please ask for “UBC guest rate” when making reservations to obtain the discounted price.
Other available hotels near UBC
Local Area Information
- Vancouver is the largest city in British Columbia, and the eighth largest municipality in Canada; the Greater Vancouver metropolitan area (which includes neighbouring cities such as Burnaby, Richmond, and Surrey) is the third largest in Canada
- Pacific time zone: GMT -8
- Average October temperature: 10ºC / 50ºF
- It rains about half the days in the month of October
What to Pack for Vancouver in October
- Warm, waterproof clothing; sweaters, hoodies, light jackets, heavier jacket; closed-toe shoes; boots if heading out of the city.